Saturday, July 05, 2014

Good start to July

Been down in Alderney on a 5 - day trip and had a brilliant mixed bag of fish including turbot brill pollock cod ling bass tope and bull huss. Went bass fishing wednesday morning using live sand eels for bait, first fish up was Andrew Dunne's 20lb 4oz turbot on his bass gear. Without a doubt the best fight off a turbot I've ever seen, in 100 ft of water and 4 knots of tide it took 15minutes to get to the net. The old man was down on Silver SPray I having a few days away in ALderney with his wife, of course he managed to squeeze in a trip out to the banks. To cut a long story short his last fish of the day weighed in at 31lb 8oz, weighed by me when we got back to the harbour. Without a doubt the biggest turbot I've ever seen even with all the commercial work I've done. He was using a 12-20 diawa saltist rod with an avet sxj twin speed.



 










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home